A Whirlwind of a weekend
Some weekends there just isn't much going on. This wasn't one of those weekends! Thursday night, we had an ice storm [as did most of the Northeast]. I was convinced that I was going to have the baby in the midst of it all. It was nerve wracking to hear all of the popping and cracking and falling of the branches through the night. I was afraid, yet anxious to see the aftermath when the sun came up. One neighbor had a large branch fall on both cars in his driveway. Others just lost a ton of branches. Others have been without power since Thursday night/Friday morning ... and still are without. We were fortunate enough to not lose our power, but I kinda feel like we should turn off our lights so our neighbors don't get mad and throw pine cones and branches at the house. We'll compromise and turn half of them off !
Saturday night we drove around to see Christmas lights. We have a favorite house to check on. It reminds us of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [Check it out below] ! While driving around you could the widespread damage from the storm ... and those still without power. It was 18 degrees last night. I wished I could do something to help. I noticed that National Grid trucks were still out last night too ... they were doing their part to help ... I don't think they got much rest this weekend.
Today, we went to Bellini's [my favorite restaurant in the whole wide world] for lunch. Gordon & Sue; Laura, Brian & Benjamin; Claude & Rebekah; and Sandy met us there too [Sawyer was under the weather, so he stayed home with his daddy]. Our waitress told us after our meal that they may lose power [anywhere from 10 min to 3 hours ... ah hello !] while National Grid tried to repair some lines. So, I asked her to bring a cappuccino STAT ... after all, that's half the reason I go there. I mean, if the power goes out and we can't pay our bill, fine. But, to not have their cappuccino, that is a major problem for me. Seriously, they make the BEST cappuccino ever !! Although, I heard today that Brian's dad makes a pretty mean cappuccino, so we'll see ... maybe Bellini's has met their match !
Here are some pics from the weekend.
Ice Storm

Christmas lights.jpg)
Lunch at Bellini's



3 comments:
As always I enjoy reading your blog. I know, I need to update mine. May be this week, as Brian's Dad asked me last week if I had updated it recently since the FIRST post. Nope. I guess it is time. Bg looks so darn cute in the photos you posted even if he is NOT smiling. xo I am glad you did have Baby in the middle of this crazy weather. Thanks again, immensely for loaning us your generator so that we could still have heat and a light on here and there. I am so glad our families live close to one another so we can help each other out. We love you all very much and appreciate your Big hearts all 3.75 of you! With love, Us 3
Glad to hear you didn't lose power - we didn't either - guess quite few folks did! Bellinis is definitely one of my favorites too...YUMMY! Mike's still sick so we had a do nothing weekend...but it's probably the last one for a while :) Take care!
I love the picture of the ice on the tree with berries. Soo pretty. I can't believe it's 50 today and no ice left.
Post a Comment