12.19.2008

Ah .. the comfort of food

There's nothing like comfort food on a cold, snowy night. I made this recipe for dinner tonight ... it was super easy and really yummy. As a matter of fact, Jackson loved it and is excited that we have left overs !

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings


6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into big chunks
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 can chicken broth
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup [I used cream of celery]
1 onion, finely diced [I left this out for obvious reasons]
parsley, to taste
poultry seasoning, to taste
1 pkg refrigerated biscuit dough [I used grand style]

Place chicken, butter, broth, soup, onion, parsley and poultry seasoning in a slow cooker.

Cover, and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours. About 35 minutes before serving, roll biscuit dough [think mini pancakes] and salt and pepper both sides [I combined the salt and pepper on a small plate and pressed each side of the biscuit in the salt/pepper mixture]. Cut into strips, then place in slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

Enjoy !

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Sounds yummy! I think I will make this tonight =)