8.21.2008

A busy week

Summer camp is over, so Jackson is spending this week (and next) with his Grandma and Grandpa Howe. He's been doing lots of fun things, like going to the library and McDonald's, playing basketball w/ the new hoop and getting ice cream from the ice cream man !!! Although he's spending the whole week with them, we've been lucky enough to see him just about every night. Monday was Laura's b-day dinner (Happy b-day Laura), Tuesday was Red Robin for burgers w/ the family, Wednesday was meeting. I think this helps him to not get as homesick. Ok, who am I kidding ... it's really been a help to me. I don't know what it is ... I mean I know that he's in really, really good hands (thank you Gordon and Sue) and that he's having lots of fun (he told me tonight that the week is going by too fast), but I just get so sad whenever he's not around. The house feels different ... empty, quiet, and just a little bit boring. I know I should be taking advantage of this free time, cuz there are times when it's just chaos around here and he's running around like a screaming banshee and nothing gets done(can anyone relate??!!), but sometimes I think that silence can be worse. And, for the record, nothing is getting done around here anyway. Our yard looks something like this and the sink looks a whole lot like that ... and lets not even discuss the laundry. But, you know what ... I don't care. Yep, that's right ... I really don't care. Maybe tomorrow !!?? MAYBE

Her are some pics of dinner at Red Robin. Dave's Uncle Richard and Aunt Connie were here visiting from Florida.





Dave, Jackson and Bengamin. He's going to be an awesome big brother !



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I know that is not your yard, nor your sink - the laundry... maybe : ) xo MJ