8.11.2008

The halfway mark

Today, we had the appointment we've been waiting for since we learned I was expecting ... the 20 week appointment !! In this visit they did a level-2 ultrasound where they checked the baby's anatomy (the heart, bladder, spine, mouth, fingers, toes, kidneys ... you name it). Everything looks perfect <sigh or relief>. The baby even co-operated and they were able to determine the sex. I'm not going to post that here b/c there are some people (Claude) who want to be surprised. So, if you want to know, let us know and we'll fill you in, but be prepared to keep the news from a certain someone. If you don't want to know (Claude), gosh, I really hope you don't inadvertently find out ... after all, there are still 20 weeks left to go !!! So, I hope those of us who know can keep it from those who don't want to. It's a tall order, I know. They also confirmed that the baby is breech, but apparently that's normal for 20 weeks. I guess the baby usually turns around at 30-32 weeks. Also, my due date is now Dec 29th. A whole week earlier than previously thought.

A request has been made by some out of town family members for a pic of my figure at 5 months ... So, here it is.

8 comments:

Katie said...

so so cute shelly!! Can't wait to see you this week! And I want to KNOW:-) Talk to you soon!

Kayla said...

awww!! yes, I want to know too.

The McCoys said...

Shelly - looking forward to seeing you this week at Altamont! I do want to find out...how exciting! Congrats again.

Brent & Johanna Chappell said...

Great news! I want to know too! See you guys this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! I am glad that I know even if Claude doesn't want to! I hope he is not too disappointed when/if someone spills the beans =) Hugs, R.

Anonymous said...

I want to know! Man, Claude must really feel important that you would try to keep such important stuff from him!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a great and considerate friend to not post the baby's sex on the blog. It is all I have to look forward to as a great surprise. More often lately surprises end up stinking or costing me money. Later, Claude

bradshelley said...

You've been tagged--check my post shelley