12.23.2008

Baby Fat

Today, we had our final ultrasound. The last ultrasound we had, prior to this one, was at 20 weeks, so we've been waiting for this [and not so patiently] for what seemed like an eternity. Everything looks good [phew] and they've estimated that the baby already weighs 8lbs, 4oz. Obviously, the baby likes to eat ... I can relate. He even has fat rolls [again, I can relate], which I can't wait to see [his, not mine]. I did learn that the weight estimate they give can be off by a pound [Christina told me this]. And, both she and I agree, that if the weight estimate is off, we hope the baby is closer to 7lbs versus 9lbs! Can you say EPIDURAL!!! Oh yes, I'll be having one of those, please and thank you!!!

While I'm so, so glad all is well, I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get any really good pictures from the ultrasound. Granted, the living quarters are a bit tight, so he's quite cramped and squished in there. Plus, his head is way down and he's facing my back. So, no pics of his cute little face. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait to see his beautiful face in person. I'm really looking forward to it. And, so, we wait ....

Here are two pictures from the ultrasound:

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I love that he has fat rolls! Too cute!