The beginning of summer vacation
Jackson's last day of Kindergarten was Tuesday, 6/19. It's hard to believe that he will begin 1st grade in the fall, but he's ready. On Wednesday, Jackson wanted to visit his old school and teachers at Bright Horizon's. This is the learning center where he spent his first 5 years. He began going Bright Horizon's when he was 9 mos. old, so he has an attachment to the facility and the teachers. This makes me feel good, like I made an okay decision sending him there. Every once in a while he'll ask if he can visit them. I like to accommodate.
On Thursday, 6/21 we picked up my nephew Jacob from his last day of school then we headed to the pool. Thursday night we went to Red Robin (Jackson's favorite restaurant) for dinner. Claude joined us there. Friday morning we went to the Great Escape (a Six Flags park) for the day. It was a great day for the park ... no lines! It was a very nice weekend. Jackson and Jacob at Red Robin.
Jackson and I on the Boomerang Coast to Coaster. This was Jackson's very first time on a roller coaster. I can't believe that he actually wanted to go on this one. That all changed by the time that we got up to the first hill, but we still had to go back .... backwards. Even I was scared !
Jacob and Jackson in front of the Comet. Jacob went on twice w/ his Uncle Dave, while Jackson and I watched and waited. They looked like they were having a blast.



No comments:
Post a Comment