8.06.2007

This and That

Okay, I'm sorry that it has been a while since I last updated the blog.
So, lets play a little catch-up!

Guess who lost another tooth !



We spent the weekend with Todd and Leonie Smith (and their kids) a few weeks ago. Here are the kids having fun together. (Molly, Heidi and Ford Smith and Jackson).



Molly playing in the sand. Isn't she cute? I love the curls !



Todd grilling ribs and chicken on the green egg ...



making our own way ...


... to the top. Overlooking Mandy Spring Nursery.

_____________________________

The big dig ...
We had an old Oak tree removed from our yard a few weeks ago. Dave wanted to expose the roots before they came to grind the stump. Therefore, the big dig!


After a few long, hot days a broken shovel, axe and pitch fork ... its all exposed ... Amazing! It kind of made me feel bad about cutting the tree down, then I remembered all the acorns we had last year !



The chipper, which was even more amazing than the roots of the tree. It was operated by remote control.


The Angel Trumpet. I had received a clipping from one of my co-workers back in the winter. It wasn't much more than a thick branch when I got it. I put it in water to establish roots, then planted it in a pot and put it on my patio in the late spring. Last week we were rewarded with this beautiful bloom. There are about 10 more to come!


On our way back from Milford convention we (Dave, Jackson and I and Dave and Sandy) stopped at Pizzeria Uno. The Smith's and the Morris' were there too. This happened last year too .... maybe we'll make it a tradition !

Here, we're getting ready to eat dessert. It was Leonie's choice ... yum, thanks Leonie!

1 comment:

Left Coast Sister said...

Two things:
1: I love all your pictures, seeing everyone, esp the kids!
2: Dave Z. hasn't changed!! (: Miss you guys! Come for a visit!!
Darci